Charles E. Roberts - Main House|
321 North Euclid Avenue
Designed by architect Frank Lloyd Wright.
(This is a private residence and does not offer tours.)
|This Queen Anne house was originally designed and built for Charles Roberts by the noted architectural firm of Burnham & Root. Roberts became the patron of Frank Lloyd Wright in the 1890's, nurturing and supporting the young Wright in whom he sensed true artistic genius. The exterior of this house belies the riches that lie within. In 1896 Wright remodeled the interiors of this house for his patron. The result was one of the most exquisite ensembles of decorative woodwork to survive from the earliest years of Wright's architectural practice. At the rear of the lot on which this house sits is the Roberts Stable.|